Sunday, April 12, 2009

of being in a foreign country.

hye peeps,
feel like writing about my experience of being in a foreign country. it has been one year and 2 months since i last arrived in this beautiful land called brisbane located in australia. so many new experiences; good and bad, happy and sad.but i come to a conclusion that i love being in a foreign country.

but why's that?simple.i like being independent.i love being just on my own without worrying about other people.but i'm not saying that i dun need other people.i need my friends too for company.i need my lecturer for my studies. i just love the fact that i am now on my own. i dun need my parents' supervision all the time. i dun need my sisters' nags and my aunts and uncles babbles about what's best things in life.i'm now my own boss who manages his life.i do sometimes face with ups and downs.but that's just life.so much trials and tribulations.

reflecting back on the incident that happened at the airport when i first wanted to fly to aussie, i think i've been lying to myself. fyi, i did cry my heart out at the airport which caused my entire family to burst into tears. maybe it's true that i'll miss them when i arrive in aussie.but then again, i do enjoy being here.on my own.quite contradicting but it's true.that's what all the people are saying "cuba dulu baru tau".and i tried and enjoy every second of it.

being in australia has taught tremendously; of being a student and a person. i can now proudly claim that i am an independent learner.(but not the one who succeeds all the way.hahaha.but i will)i am well aware of my own studies.i can now manage my own financials. although sometimes i did face challenges in managing it. i learn to be more respectful to other people and do not underestimate them. i learn to be more patient. i learn to be more self-concious and control my own self. but most importantly, i learn about myself much better.

i only have 7 months left before i come back to malaysia for good. the experience that i've gained in australia will truly be a one-of-a-kind experience and will always stay in my mind.forever.

cheers,
zaim

No comments: